2012-02-08

Fly, fly, fly away.

2012-02-01: Day + 51.

Had to fly back to YYC today. Interesting route - first from Oklahoma City to Houston, then Houston to Calgary. Hmmm.

Will Rogers World Airport and Houston airports: NOT FRIENDLY WIRELESS!!!! Intelligent airport operators offer at least a couple of hours of free wireless. These two cheapies only give you 20 minutes. Like that's useful.

I tried to upgrade to Business class from Houston to Calgary, but because I was booked on United and it was an AC flight - that was a no-go. As it turned out, no biggie. This was a 2x2 plane and I was able to move to the back and get a duo to myself. One thing I will give Air Canada — their in-the-back-of-the-seat entertainment centres are quite good. I was able to listen to almost 4 hours of baroque music through the flight.

Arriving at customs was a bit long. They must have had a couple of flights arrive all at the same time. I picked a wrong line, switched and then made it through quickly. Ah well - at least the luggage is out and waiting when you do that.

Then home - with sniffles....

No comments:

Post a Comment