2012-02-01

I took the TRAIN

2011-01-27: Day +46

The Heartland Flyer from Fort Worth to Oklahoma City.

I haven't been able to do this (a real - for transportation!) train trip since I was 18.

My dad worked for CN when I was a kid, and then retired. Because of that, since it was the days before Via Rail, i could get a free ticket to go anywhere.  Typically it was from Salmon Arm or Kamloops out to Calgary or Edmonton to visit my sister, but once I took it all the way from Kamloops to Tilbury, On, just to visit a girl.

Amazing rides in those days. The cars were single deck, separate dining car etc.

The Heartland Flyer was great. Just over $20 to go between the cities, easy boarding, had a duo seat to myself. It would be even greater to do it in the summer when you could see the scenery for longer.

Here are a couple of pics from the station and on board:







No comments:

Post a Comment