2012-02-01

A work day in Denver

2011-02-26: Day +45

Work was definitely the focus once again today. Lots of meetings with people in Denver, one great success - we started getting people to agree the way the term "RAD" was being used was not correct. Up to now, the term meant "Develop in MS Access or Excel".

This has frustrated a number of the technical folks because RAD is really a process of development, not a technology. The big thing is that there is the (perceived) need to have a local developer available to create some Access and Excel solutions for end clients — and then either just turn them over to clients or possibly make them an IT supported item.

Quite a few of us have wanted the option to develop the latter kind in something more robust but still quick. (e.g., JRuby on Rails :).

Hope continues!

After that day, we all flew to Dallas. It was a bit frustrating for me as I had been unable to book a seat on the flight. Although I am a calm flyer, I am a nervous boarder :).  Being a biggish guy, I need a bit of space to feel even half-ways comfortable. I like to be sure I have an aisle seat and get on early enough to make sure I can put my backpack in the overhead.

Turned out to be just fine, got there, got a seat at the back of the plane and ended up not even having a person beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment