2012-01-25

Presentations work better when you are not tired

2011-01-25: day +44.

Long day again today.  For work, I had to prepare and give an overview of JIRA and how it is used where I am currently working. Preparing the presentation was pretty straightforward - just a few key points, a link to the Atlassian YouTube video and some screen shots.

The issue was that I had not done a run-through of the presentation (i.e., practice) before that. Normally, that isn't an issue as I do think quite quickly on my feet. However, with only 4-5 hours sleep last night and gut-wrenching cramps, I felt my performance was less than sensational.

Luckily for me, the audience was quite forgiving and things were OK. I just don't like feeling like I didn't deliver my best all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment