2012-01-17

Work Effectiveness

Yesterday was day +35.

This was the first really cold day of the year. At the same time, my sweetie got a weather induced migraine, so I decided to work from home. Other than a few startup issues because I hadn't enabled the Java plugin for Safari, it was so smooth.

I always find it fascinating how much more productive I am when I do this. My availability is the same as when I am at work as I get email, IM, and phone calls. The difference, of course, is no hallway conversations and no drop-ins. Because of this, emails and tasks fall like flies.

Migraines. This has been the worst season ever for them in Calgary. One or the other of us is affected by one practically every week now. Some times they are just bad, sometimes they are debilitating. This is really going to influence our decision about what we do / where we go at the end of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment