2012-01-11

HUnit rocks, Cabal rolls

Day +30.

Woke up with a headache today, which was exacerbated by fasting for blood tests this morning. Ah well.

I did get to do some programming and got to add my first unit tests to the LQPL server. My coding to this point has been a spike just to make sure I had what I needed in socket libraries. So, I've done the set up and checked in my first test. Now, on to the standard do the test, refactor to green cycle.

I'm using HUnit which is quite straightforward and lovely to use. As I use Cabal for my build system, my first thought was to use the declarative test system with the cabal configuration file. Sadly, I just could not get that to work (although I shall try again later). Happily, using the cabal defaultMainWithHooks method worked perfectly, other than the deprecated warning every time it ran :).

No comments:

Post a Comment