2011-12-12

The Half-Way Point

Today, I have turned 55.

So, as this blog is titled Angst in the 50's, we're half-way through.

This next year promises to be quite busy. I will be focussing in on getting the work for my Ph.D. rolling, with a goal of having my thesis done by my next birthday. That should keep me busy.

So, how the heck am I going to do that? A few major things:
  • Quit working full-time at the end of March and completely at the end of April.
  • Focus, focus, focus.
  • Create plans and follow through with them.
My first thing between now and year end is to flesh out the plans for the first quarter of 2012. My work will not be as demanding as it was through 2011, so some time during those months will be dedicated to two things:
Health, of course, is very important so that I actually have the stamina to do the work of the Ph.D.. Research, of course, is the end product.

Focus is something that has been sorely lacking over the last few months. My work has been far too demanding to allow for a suitable balance of these items. To help with that, I'm going to take a stab at doing something every day that contributes to my Ph.D. and moves me closer to my goal. Part of that will be doing a blog-a-day from now until then. It could be on any of my three blogspots (This one, the fitness one or the research/tech one)

No comments:

Post a Comment