2011-12-24

Merry Christmas Eve Eve

Yesterday was day +11.

The day started off very nice and slow, with a tea, a smoothie and about 400 new supplements. New vitamins, new probiotics, new me soon — at least that's the plan.

For lunch, I met with an old friend, Derrick, who is out here visiting his first grandchild. I was so happy to see him. It was great catching up and re-connecting.

Then, my sweetie and went in search of a new flat-iron for her, followed by some card searches. The point of that, is that walking was involved. I consciously made sure that I kept my feet straight for all of my perambulation! It is truly amazing how tiring that gets and how much it slows you down.

I remember an episode in Grade 4, where the teacher, J.D. Kuhn, embarrassed me by having me walk back and forth in front of the class. He then pronounced: "You walk just like your dad". By that time my dad was 63 and definitely felt very old too me.

Changing an ingrown, learned and possibly somewhat inherited characteristic takes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment