2011-12-16

Plan Progress

Day +4.

I felt much better this morning, although not completely well. One of the most interesting things for me about this flu is that I don't feel depressed. Nice change from the usual when I am under the weather.

I spent most of the AM completing a small iOS app for my sweetheart. She has to learn those wonderful US measures like cup, pint and fluid ounce for some chef trying. Being raised in a metric worl makes that somewhat challenging, so I whipped up a converter for her iPhone and iPad. At the same time it gave me a chance to practice good use of the DRY principle as I abstracted the various view controller functions into reusable classes.

After that, I managed to flesh out the January plans of my Q1 plans. Currently fitness, updates to LQPL and some background reading are on the block.

I'm finding the planning quite difficult. It has been so long since I accomplished anything significant on my research, I'm just not sure what I can get done in a month, especially while still working. To counteract that, hopefully, I'm going to spend a bit more time on detailing it out, just to see what is realistic.

Finally, I will be getting all the three month goals to SMART status. (Specific, Measurable, Acheivable, Realistic, Trackable). I'm curious to see if using JIRA can help with a couple of those...

No comments:

Post a Comment