2011-12-22

A Health Day

Day +10.

Today was the first of five days off. (yayyy!!!).

We started off with a Physio appointment — I finally decided to do something else about my hip and leg pain.  Nothing too much in the appointment was a surprise. I have very limited range of motion in the hip and the stabilizers are just not doing much right now. It seems the main cause of this is a cartilage degeneration in the hip socket. This changes the bio-mechanics of the joint which then "throws the muscles into a tizzy".

It was rather hilarious trying to make my leg swing out to the left using only my gluteal muscles. The therapist first said we would do that with a Thera-band, but once she saw how little I could actually move, she agreed that just practicing getting the muscle moving in an isolated fashion was a good thing.

That same afternoon, we went to a Naturopath and discussed my general tiredness, inability to stick with an exercise plan and lack of motivation. So, I have some vitamins and a couple of other things to help with that. Additionally, for the entire month of January, no wheat, no dairy. Then we'll see where we are at.

Looking back over the first 10 days of being 55, I'm a bit shocked. I've been either sick or in pain for 6 of those days. I don't think that is acceptable or normal.

In other news.... Did some shopping for grandkids this AM, stopped by to see my daughter's new house and took her and the granddaughter out for supper. It was so nice to have an impromptu visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment